Coachella Day 1 - From 102 Degree Fever to 102 Degree Desert -- Cured!

Thursday night, down for the count with a 102 degree fever.

Friday morning, off to day 1 of Coachella weekend 2 -- where the desert heat was somewhere near that (well, actually, it was more like 95 degrees - downright cool for a day 1 of weekend 2), but you get my point ...

... which is ... it was COACHELLA!  My 7th straight.  I woke up not going.  But then I went!  Had to hit it, even if only for one day -- which is what I did.  Was my wife, Luisa's, first (she is wearing the hat in the picture) -- had to be there for that -- to inaugurate her into the tribe of peace-loving, garland-wearing, music lovers dancing about in the most beautiful setting that you could ever imagine.  That setting never gets old.  Those mountains, especially as sunset hits over the mountains and the ethereal festival lights -- and the crowd -- turn on.

Hits?  The War on Drugs -- great set!  And, of course, the Sahara tent is always a "can't miss" -- even with my throbbing head that matched the tent's throbbing EDM.  I simply didn't care.  Actually, I enjoyed it -- there was a certain mystical healing power that my buddy, Sean, promised me) (he's the one wearing my fedora).  You can stay at Sahara all day and all night and be fully satisfied (which is what many of the kids do).

Misses?  No astronaut this year!  VIP entrance?  Gone!  I gave my VIP pass away to a friend -- so I had a GA tix for the day -- but those who had VIP tix were misdirected and joined me in the GA entrance.  I know, I know.  No sympathy from many of you.  But, think about it.  VIP is $799/tix -- about $500 more than GA.  So, special access is one obvious and mandatory benefit.  One more "miss" -- which is an understandable one under the mandatory water restrictions in which we live -- there was no water zone in the middle of the polo grounds.  Gone were the classic water shenanigans that were a defining feature in past years.  But, the times have changed.  Reality sometimes sets in -- even at Coachella ...

... but not too much!  That's the whole point.

And, magically, fever gone!  Explain that one ladies and gentlemen.  If that doesn't demonstrate the healing power of music ...